Collaborative Solutions - Mobile Government
Please note: this part of the program series has closed and is no longer accepting submissions. If you'd like to receive updates about the Collaborative Solutions program series when they become available, please click here to subscribe to our mailing list.
The NSW Government announced seven successful consortiums awarded grants under round two of the Collaborative Solutions series, Mobile Government, to help build the State's digital economy. We would like to thank all of the applicants for participating in the Program.
We would also like to thank the evaluation panel members for the difficult task of evaluating the submissions. The panel members were: Kylie Hargreaves (Executive Director, NSW Trade & Investment, Investment & Export Services), David Kennedy (Chief Information Officer, NSW Trade & Investment), William Murphy (Executive Director, ICT Policy, NSW Department of Finance & Services), and Dr. Michelle Deaker (Managing Partner and Executive Director, OneVentures).
Please note the following correction to the Collaborative Solutions - Mobile Government announcement: The Mobile Multimedia Guide at NSW State Library includes the following consortia members - Art Processors Pty Ltd supported by Samsung, Hewlett-Packard Australia, and State Library of NSW.
Collaborative Solutions – Mobile Government (CS-MG) is the second call for this program and focuses on the use of mobile and wireless solutions to improve public-sector productivity – with solutions piloted at NSW Department of Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure & Services.
The audience for this CS-MG program includes mobile application developers, technology providers, service providers, device manufacturers, research organisations, and user organisations in the Department.
- Assist in the exchange of ideas between mobile application developers, technology providers, service providers, device manufacturers, research organisations, and user organisations in the public sector
- accelerate the development of new-to-market and significantly innovative mobile solutions with significant potential for commercial success, job creation, and export; and
- drive innovation, productivity and transformation in the public sector through the adoption of compelling mobile solutions.
- Consortia-backed submissions: Each submission must be backed by a consortium of at least three members. The Consortia Lead must be a NSW-registered business with the capability to commercialise and export the ICT solution being developed. The consortia must include at least one User Organisation (an agency within the Department) to participate in the development and piloting process. The remaining consortia members will provide technologies, content or capabilities to the project.
- Developed and piloted in NSW: Solutions must be predominantly developed in NSW. Submissions with minor components (less than 20 per cent of project costs) developed outside of NSW will be considered, but those components will not be supported by the grant if one is awarded. The solutions must be piloted in NSW.
- Development has not commenced: The development of the proposed solution must not have commenced before the date of submission. Any grant funding will be for the development and piloting of the proposed solution after the date of submission.
|Tue 8 Nov 2011||Announcement and program website launch|
|Thu 17 Nov 2011||Program briefing and call for submissions|
|Thu 8 Dec 2011||Industry and Government networking/pitching event|
|Wed 29 Feb 2012||Submissions close at noon 12:00 PM|
||Short-listed consortia notified for presentations|
||Awarding of grants to winning consortia|
Program briefing – Thursday 17 November 2011
A program briefing occurred on Thursday 17 November to provide details of the CS-MG program. Presentation slides in .pdf and webcast format are listed below:
- Welcome Address and Program Overview
|Mobile Government Opening and Welcome||Webcast|
|Mobile Government Program Details||Webcast|
- NSW Trade & Investment Department Presentations
|Industry, Innovation and Investment||Webcast|
|Primary Industries, Food and Water||Webcast|
|Energy and Resources||Webcast|
|Tourism and Events||Webcast|
|Finance, Strategy and Operations||Webcast|
- Previous Program Recipients – Mobile Concierge
|Mobile Concierge recipient Tapit Media||Webcast|
|Mobile Concierge recipient Object Consulting||Webcast|
- Questions & Answers Panel
|Q & A panel||Webcast|
Industry and government pitching event – Thursday 8 December 2011
An industry and government pitching event occurred on Thursday 8 December to facilitate introductions, exchange of ideas and the formation of consortia. Over 150 people attended. Businesses and divisions in the Department had the opportunity to make brief presentations. Please see presentations below:
|VIP Welcome & Event Introduction||Webcast|
- NSW Trade & Investment Department Presentations
|Fisheries NSW (Shark Smart)||Webcast|
|Fisheries NSW (Fish Online)||Webcast|
|Investment & Export Services||Webcast|
|NSW Liquor, Gaming & Racing||Webcast|
|NSW State Library||Webcast|
|Resources & Energy (Geo Survey)||Webcast|
|Resources & Energy (Mine Safety)||Webcast|
|Sydney Opera House||Webcast|
- Non-Department Presentations (Technology and Research Organisations)
|Amethon||(Unable to pitch at the event)|
|Artis Group||(Unable to pitch at the event)|
|Empire One||(Unable to pitch at the event)|
|Teleresources||(Unable to pitch at the event)|
|The Project Factory||Webcast|
|University of Wollongong||Webcast|
We have also set up a private LinkedIn group called Collaborative Solutions Program. This group has been created to foster networking between companies and organisations that may wish to form consortia. To join this group, you will need to:
- Become a LinkedIn member at http://www.linkedin.com/
- Search the group directory for Collaborative Solutions Program and click "join".
The following are supporting documentation for the program.
- Program brief
- Application form
- Detailed budget worksheet
- Frequently asked questions (updated 21 Nov 2011)
Related eventsNewsletter RSS
- 01/03/2014Asian export opportunity for NSW Agrifood industry
- 24/03/2014Energy Efficiency and Renewables in Buildings Conference 2014
- 10/04/2014Australian Technologies Competition pre-entry workshop
- 06/05/2014Arabian Gateway Global Gathering Conference
- 13/05/2014National Manufacturing Week 2014