- Starting a business
- Running a business
- Growing a business
- Exiting a business
- Small Business Commissioner
- NSW business environment
- International Engagement Strategy
- Innovate NSW
- Industry Action Plans
- Industry sectors
- Advisory Councils
- Cross-Border Commissioner
- NSW Government's decentralisation efforts
- Assistance for business
- Aboriginal Business Directory
Small Business Commissioner
Small businesses are the backbone of Australia's economy, representing 96 per cent of all businesses in the country. There are an estimated 2 million small businesses across the nation providing nearly half of all employment. In NSW alone, there are 680,000 small businesses providing employment for around 50 per cent of the NSW workforce.
Yasmin King was appointed as Small Business Commissioner by the NSW Government in mid-2011.
Small Biz Connect is a business support program that provides quality, personalised service which helps to accelerate small business growth.
Through Small Biz Connect, small businesses can:
- Develop key business skills
- Access face to face help
- Receive expert advice on small business management
This highly subsidised program is delivered by almost 60 independent business advisors across the state. To find your nearest Small Biz Connect advisor, use the locator or call 1300 134 359.
- Represent a united voice for small business issues within government
- Address instances where there is an information gap or where there is systemic unfair treatment of small businesses
- Help small businesses to navigate government
- Work with government agencies to help them better engage with small businesses
To achieve these goals, the Small Business Commissioner offers a number of direct services, including:
- Providing dispute resolution services
- Delivering quality business advice through Small Biz Connect
- Speaking up for small business within government
When you need help with a dispute, or a voice in speaking to government, contact the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner on 1300 795 534 or email email@example.com. For more information, visit the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner website.
Talk to an expert
Office of the Small Business CommissionerPhone: 1300 795 534
or send an email to:Email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com