Science and research
Science and research play a vital role in the continued growth and better health of our community, environment and economy. From increased life expectancy and new treatments for disease, to technologies that change the way we live and work, to addressing environmental challenges - scientific research and the knowledge it generates affects us all.
The NSW Office for Science and Research is part of the NSW Trade & Investment and works with the scientific, engineering and research communities, the higher education sector and business to promote growth and innovation to achieve better economic and environmental outcomes for the people of NSW.
Its mission is to enhance research capacity within NSW and ensure that the research sector plays a key support role in implementing major policy objectives of the Government.
- build the State's knowledge base to respond to challenges and opportunities within the research sector
- ensure that the State's R&D capabilities underpinGovernment
- promote national and international collaborations in science and medical research in NSW to attract increased investment to NSW
- create strong linkages between the higher education sector, business and the community
- optimise the effectiveness of the NSW Government's investment in science research and
- identify new areas of science and research of relevance to NSW.
Talk to an expert
Office of Science and ResearchPhone: +61 (2) 9338 6787
or send an email to:Email:science.research@business firstname.lastname@example.org