NSW Trade & Investment's Industry, Innovation & Investment division publications are available here in PDF format. In order to view or print PDF versions of documents, you need to have Adobe Reader installed. If you don't have a PDF reader installed, download the installer from Adobe's website and install before continuing. All PDF document links on this page open in a new browser window.
- NSW Trade and Investment Reports
- About the Industry, Innovation & Investment division
- Business in Sydney and NSW
- Investing in Sydney and NSW
- NSW Industries
- Regional NSW
- Regional Communities
NSW Trade and Investment Regional Indicators Report
- Annual Reports
- Trade and Investment Centre [1000 KB]
- A guide to doing business in NSW [617 KB]
- Living in NSW [1.4MB]
- Sydney and NSW - First for business [2.31 MB]
- China & New South Wales: A dynamic partnership [1.04 MB]
- India and NSW - a dynamic partnership [863 KB]
- NSW and the United Arab Emirates - the business opportunities [1.35 MB]
- NSW Competitiveness Report (available online)
- Hotel investment opportunities in Sydney, Australia [1.1MB]
- Sydney - A global city for the world of business [2.3 MB]
- NSW Fast Facts [99 KB]
- Addressing Climate Change - NSW Growth Industry Profile [536 KB]
- Creative Industries Growth Profile 2008 [940 KB]
- NSW Asset Management Industry Profile [626 KB]
- NSW Food & Beverage Industry Profile [1.25 MB]
- NSW Biomedical Industry Profile [608 KB]
- NSW Business Services Industry Profile [2.0 MB]
- NSW Carbon Trading - Growth Industry Profile [2.5 MB]
- NSW Defence Industry Profile [752 KB]
- NSW Financial Services Industry Profile [933 KB]
- NSW Food Export Directory 2011-12 [546 KB]
NSW food export companies, listed by product category and alphabetically.
- NSW ICT industry profile [1.47 MB]
ICT is a major element of the NSW services sector in its own right. It is equally important in supporting high growth industries in all areas of the economy.
- NSW Infrastructure & Construction Industry Profile [1.3 MB]
- NSW Manufacturing Industry Profile [1.33 MB]
- Manufacturing in Sydney and New South Wales [1.34 MB]
- NSW Mining & Resources Industry Profile [1.49 MB]
- NSW Professional Services Industry Profile [2.04 MB]
- NSW Retail Industry Profile [876.9 KB]
- NSW Scientific Research Profile [1.38 MB]
- Sydney - Digital Media Hotspot [1183 KB]
NSW Digital Media industry profile
Profiling innovative NSW industry directories
The Australian Technology Showcase profile innovative NSW industries.
- Overcoming Skills Shortages: A practical guide for regional business [435 KB]
- Overcoming Skills Shortages: A practical guide for regional communities [579 KB]
- Central Coast Region [81.6 KB]
- Central West Region [170 KB]
- Far West Region [93.2 KB]
- Hunter Region [92 KB]
- Illawarra/South Coast Region [98.9 KB]
- Mid North Coast Region [89.7 KB]
- Murray Region [91.6 KB]
- Northern Inland Region [91.8 KB]
- Northern Rivers Region [93.4 KB]
- Orana Region [91.7 KB]
- Riverina Region [93.9 KB]
- Southern Inland Region [92.0 KB]
- Western Sydney Region [85.7 KB]
- The NSW Economy in 2020 - A Foresighting Study [1.59 MB]
- Business Opportunities in a Low Carbon Economy [1.64 MB]
- NSW Regional Innovation Strategy [909 KB]
- NSW Government Statement on Innovation [783 KB]
- NSW Creative Industry Insights [3.90 MB]
- NSW Creative Industry Economic Fundamentals [855 KB]
- Path to Innovation: Innovation in the NSW Freight Logistics Industry [4 MB]
- Four Key Supply Chains: Opportunies for Innovation [3.26 MB]
- Submission to the Review of the National Innovation System [191 KB]
- venturousaustralia: Building Strength in Innovation [2.79 MB]
- Community Economic Development (CED)
Self Help Modules
- Module 1: Planning for Financial Sustainability [221 KB]
Includes detailed information and ideas for fundraising. (Mono version [592 KB])
- Module 2: Community Economic Transition Planning [707 KB]
A step-by-step guide to developing a community economic transition plan and implementing projects. (Mono version [758 KB])
- Module 3: Community Strategic Planning [512 KB]
A step-by-step guide to strategic planning and making workshops work.
- Module 4: Project Management [389 KB]
A clear, practical guide to project management. (Mono version [409 KB])
- Module 5: Monitoring and Evaluation [208 KB]
Good reasons to implement a monitoring process; includes case studies.
- Module 6: The Local Committee [247 KB]
A guide for communities to establish and manage their community economic development committees. (Mono version [244 KB])
- Module 7: Program and Project Coordination [259 KB]
Setting up and recruiting for a coordinator position. (Mono version [292 KB])
- Module 8: Conducting Meetings [117 KB]
Meeting procedures, the chairperson, agendas and minute taking.
- Module 9: Business and Economic Development [253 KB]
This module outlines the economic context within which local Main Street/Small Towns Programs operate and explains the direct linkages between local community development programs and business development.
- Module 10: Customer Service [1.06 MB]
This module explains why the whole community needs to be customer focused and offers suggestions of ways to improve customer service in your area; includes case studies.
- Module 11: Managing Business Investment Proposals [1.66 MB]
This module draws on the experience of leading economic development practitioners in NSW and elsewhere to identify techniques and processes which maximise chances of converting enquiries from business investors into actual business establishment or expansion.
- Module 12: Marketing and Promotion [182 KB]
Marketing and promotion is designed to assist Main Street/Small Towns committees and their co-ordinators in taking a practical approach to marketing. The module shows newcomers a simple step by step process for developing a marketing plan. It also offers experienced co-ordinators the latest ideas and innovations in marketing along with some tricks of the trade to save time and money.
- Module 13: Tourism [1.08 MB]
The tourism module is relevant to communities which have identified tourism in their community or local government area strategic plan as a potential opportunity. The module is designed to assist community economic development committees and coordinators to assess the tourism potential of their area, determine whether they want to be in tourism, enter the marketplace and grow the local tourism sector. (Mono version [880 KB])
- Module 14: Event Management [437 KB]
A 'how to' guide to assist economic development officers/ coordinators, marketers and community groups to understand the role of events in communities and how to make them successful. It includes an event plan proforma, event survey, attendee survey, business survey and stall holders survey.
- Module 15: Cooperative marketing [3.94 MB]
This module explains the benefits of shopping locally and
working cooperatively. It covers how to plan/implement/evaluate a shop local campaign and a number of case studies which will provide ideas for shop local campaigns.
- Module 1: Planning for Financial Sustainability [221 KB]
- Bring your talents to regional New south Wales [832 KB]
- Skilled Migration: Do you qualify? [744 KB]
- Living in NSW