MedTech Knowledge Hub
The medical technology (medtech) industry makes a substantial contribution to the Australian economy, supporting 14,000 jobs, across nearly 3,000 businesses, generating $12.7 billion in revenue per year.
Medtech sector snapshot in NSW
The medtech industry in New South Wales:
- supports 1,100 medtech businesses
- employs around 7,000 people
- generates $4.8 billion in revenue per year
- creates $573 million in medical instruments and appliances exports.
About the MedTech Knowledge Hub
The MedTech Knowledge Hub is a vehicle for collaboration between academia, industry and government to improve the business environment for all facets of the medical technology industry.
The Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) coordinates the hub.
Resources and projects
Projects completed by the hub include:
- Series of video case studies highlighting the value and potential of the medtech industry and NSW-based medtech companies on Pulseline – a leading digital platform dedicated to providing the latest news and insights on the Australian health landscape
- The Med Tech Blueprint was published, which aimed at identifying policy challenges, as well as goals to position the industry for growth
- Performed a comprehensive skills audit of the medical technology industry to gain greater visibility of current and future skill requirements for the industry
- Supporting small-to-medium sized enterprises through training workshops and tools to navigate the market and procurement processes.