Industry Action Plan
International education and research
The International Education and Research Industry Action Plan was released in late 2012. The plan, developed by the sector-led International Education and Research Taskforce, outlined a vision and strategy for the NSW international education and research sector over the next decade.
The Taskforce's vision was for NSW education to deliver cutting edge, industry-relevant education, providing one of the best life and career decisions for international students. The focus of NSW universities and research sector was strong links with global industry and research networks.
Establishment of StudyNSW was a key recommendation in the International Education and Research Industry Action Plan. StudyNSW has now been established as a dedicated unit within NSW Trade & Investment and will undertake four functions in partnership with industry, as outlined in the Industry Action Plan:
- Marketing, promotion and research;
- development of policy and advocacy to enhance the competitiveness of international education in NSW;
- delivery and evaluation of strategies and programs to improve the experiences of international students in NSW, and
- identification and facilitation of international market development opportunities and new technology-enabled models of delivery.
- NSW International Education and Research Industry Action Plan [PDF File - 1002.0 KB]
- International Education and Research Industry Taskforce Terms of Reference and Scope [PDF File - 35.6 KB]
- International Education and Research Industry Taskforce Membership [PDF File - 35.8 KB]
- The NSW Economy in 2020, A Forecasting Study [PDF File - 1.6 MB]