Creative Industries Knowledge Hub
Creative industries include advertising services, design, creative software development, music, performing and visual arts, print publishing, media production and broadcasting.
Creative industry sector statistics
- Creative Industries have contributed $47.4 billion to the national GDP in 2016–17
- 39% of Australia’s creative businesses choose NSW as their base
- Exports from NSW based creatives are worth $3 billion and make up 70% of Australia’s total creative exports
- NSW is home to almost half of Australia's’ creative workforce.
Source: Based on estimates by consulting firm BYP Group 2017
About the Creative Industries Knowledge Hub
The Creative Industries Knowledge Hub works on projects to support the diverse community of professionals and businesses that make up NSW’s creative industries. The hub is coordinated by the University of Technology Sydney.
The hub aims to enable businesses within the sector to share knowledge, innovate and gain advantage in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
Resources and projects
Projects completed by the Creative Industries Knowledge Hub include:
- Future of Work interactive exhibition examines emerging technologies and their potentially transformative impacton the way we work
- A video showcase of creative industry leaders including Tim Chappel, Academy, BAFTA and Tony Award Winning Costume Designer and Edwina McCaan Editor in Chief Vogue Australia and Chair of Australian Fashion Chamber
- Established the Designers & Fleas Emerging Designer Market providing emerging designers with the opportunity to show their works and ‘hustle with heart’
- Established Start-up Week Sydney, now branded as Spark Festival, Australia’s largest gathering of innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups. In 2017 the festival included over 100 events with over 9,000 attendees.
Page link: https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/innovation-and-research/programs/knowledge-hubs/creative-industries