How to apply and application forms
Before applying, you should check your eligibility to apply against Department of Home Affairs' visa requirements and NSW nomination requirements.
To apply for NSW nomination for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491), you should follow the process below:
- Submit an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect selecting NSW only.
- Complete the relevant NSW nomination application form (see below).
- Pay the application fee (see below). Payment links will be made available on this website after applications have opened.
- Submit your complete application to NSW Treasury.
- If you are nominated by NSW Treasury, apply for the visa to the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs.
1. Submit an Expression of Interest
Before applying for NSW nomination, you need to first submit an Express of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect, the Department of Home Affairs' online registration system. Read more about SkillSelect .
You must select NSW as the preferred state and ensure that the information entered in your EOI is up to date and accurate. This includes where you currently live and your skilled employment history if applicable.
In your application for NSW nomination, you will need to provide evidence to demonstrate that you are eligible for the claims and information entered in your application.
After submitting an EOI, you will be allocated a unique EOI number, which you should provide in your NSW nomination application.
2. Complete the relevant NSW nomination application form
The table below sets out the appropriate form required for each stream:
3. Pay the NSW nomination application fee
Payment links will be made available on this website after applications have opened. Any documents submitted before applications have opened will not be considered.
You can pay the NSW nomination application fee online for applications by using a Visa or MasterCard. Application fees are not refundable.
Please make sure you enter your details correctly when entering your payment details.
Once the online payment is successfully made, a receipt will be sent to the email address entered with the payment. Please provide a copy of the receipt with your application.
|Location of applicant||Fee*|
|Applicant is outside of Australia||A$300|
|Applicant is in Australia||A$330|
* Fees vary according to whether you are in Australia or outside Australia when you submit your application. If you are in Australia when you apply, you will need to pay GST. Please ensure you pay the correct fee.
4. Submit your application to NSW Treasury
You can submit your application via the following steps:
1. Submit your application by email:
- You must submit your application including; your completed NSW nomination application form, supporting documents and evidence of payment of the application fee to email@example.com
- You must send your application in one email only.
2. The subject line for your email must be in the following format:
- EOI number_SURNAME_Given name_DOB
- For example: E0123456789_SMITH_John_01/01/1990
3. Attaching your support documents:
- Attach your supporting documents in PDF format.
- Your email can include up to 50MB of supporting documents.
- If you believe the size of your supporting documents are greater than this, attach your most important documents only.
- A case officer will contact you if they require further information when assessing your application.
5. After you submit your application
- When you submit your application and have paid the application fee, you will receive an email from NSW Treasury stating that your application has been received.
- Please do not contact us for an update on your application.
- Please do not write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails that are not applications will be deleted.
6. Waiting for the outcome of your application
- Our standard processing time is four weeks however this can vary.
- You may request that we expedite your application if any of the following situations apply to you:
- your current visa is expiring within six weeks of submitting your application, or;
- your skills assessment or English language test result will expire within four weeks of submitting your application, or;
- you are losing points, which will reduce your total score to below 65 points, within four weeks of submitting your application. If you will lose points, however your total scroe will not fall below 65 points, you cannot request that we expedite your application.
- To request that your application be expedited, please send an email to: email@example.com.
- The subject of your email must be in the following format:
- Request to expedite – EOI number – visa subclass 491
- Your email must include your EOI number, full name and evidence of your visa expiry date, skills assessment expiry date, English language test expiry date or reduction in points score.