Visa and nomination
NSW is open for business
New South Wales (NSW) welcomes skilled and business migrants, returning expatriates and people from other states and territories to Sydney and regional NSW. NSW is Australia's economic powerhouse and among the most competitive business locations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Sydney is the third largest financial centre in the region, offering great career opportunities in a range of fields.
- NSW has 40% of Australia's ICT employment. Specialist ICT businesses employ almost 100,000 people.
- NSW is home to 80% of the multinational pharmaceutical companies in the country.
NSW offers great career opportunities for professionals, businesses and investor migrants in these and many other industries.
People living in NSW enjoy a very high quality of life. Sydney is renowned for having the best quality of living standards of any major Australian city according to the 2015 Quality of Living index compiled by Mercer Human Resource Consulting.
NSW Migration Strategy – supporting the NSW economy
The NSW Business and Skilled Migration Program supports the NSW economy by attracting skilled, business and investor migrants to NSW and nominating them to the Commonwealth for a visa.
There is no better time to make the move and take advantage of the abundant opportunities available in NSW.
Read more about our state nomination migration program and various visas.
The Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs has the sole responsibility for granting visas to enter or stay in Australia. The Commonwealth is responsible for all health, character, source of funds and security checking on visas applications.
Consider regional NSW
The regions of NSW offer many similar work opportunities, lifestyle benefits and services to those in major cities.
- 2.6 million people live in regional NSW
- They enjoy a diverse range of climates from tropical to alpine climates
- NSW regional cities provide full amenities and facilities
- Housing affordability is good