NSW Government support for small business
Advocate for small business
- The NSW Small Business Commissioner was appointed as an independent advocate for small businesses in NSW to ensure their interests are well represented. The NSW Small Business Commissioner provides both advocacy and dispute resolution mediation services to businesses across the state.
Investment in small business by the NSW Government
- Business Connect is a personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, be resilient or grow your small business. Whether you are just starting out with a great business idea, adapt to challenges or looking to expand and grow your business, Business Connect can support you on your journey to business success.
- Boosting Business Innovation program is a $18 million program launched in September 2016, which partners with 11 universities and the CSIRO. Boost invests $1 million of funding in resources and facilities to help businesses start up, grow, innovate and connect with industry.
- Sydney School of Entrepreneurship will help to build a strong entrepreneurial workforce by connecting university and TAFE NSW students with industry to train and educate our future generation of entrepreneurs.
- Resources for Regions provides funding to infrastructure projects that will improve local infrastructure in regional areas affected by mining operations.
Investing in new skills for business
- Disability Sector Scale-Up program aims to support organisations to maximise the economic opportunities from the rollout of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- The Smart, Skilled and Hired program is designed to deliver outcomes-based approaches to deliver employment for young people and actively address the skills gaps in the growing construction and disability care sectors.
- Infrastructure Skills Legacy Program will capitalise on the NSW Government’s record levels of infrastructure investment to boost the number of skilled construction workers and create fresh pathways to employment across the state.
Creating fair procurement opportunities
- Small and Medium Enterprises Policy Framework
- Prequalification schemes
- Small Business Friendly Councils initiative
- Dispute Resolution
Making it easier to start a business
Providing tools to build resilient businesses
- Get Ready Business is a free toolkit that has been developed in conjunction with the NSW Department of Industry, the NSW Small Business Commissioner and the NSW Office of the Emergency Management to help businesses get ready for disasters in five simple steps.
- SafeWork have developed the ‘Easy to do work health and safety toolkit’ to make it easier for small businesses to understand and meet their work health and safety obligations. This free kit provides a way to do a simple self-assessment, linking to relevant safety advice, tools and services. Come along to one of the Easy to do work health and safety workshops and find out how the new toolkit can assist your small business in becoming safer, healthier and more productive.
Page link: https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/support-for-business/assistance-and-support/support-available-from-nsw-government