Grow your business
Ready to grow your business?
Over the past six years, high-growth small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that make up just 6% of NSW firms created over 1 million new jobs. They more than offset the 600,000 jobs that larger firms shed.
The NSW Government wants to help small and medium enterprises who want to grow to access support that gives the best possible opportunity to expand and scale-up.
How to grow your business
There are different ways to grow your business, from launching a new product or service, to devising a marketing strategy to increase sales or investing in new technology or equipment to achieve productivity and efficiency gains.
Expanding your business often requires access to finance, additional staff and ensuring that you maintain great customer service while seeking out new customers or markets.
Growing your business means making time to work on your business instead of in your day-to-day activities.
Speak to a Business Connect advisor to help plan the next stage of your business.
Choose a Business Connect advisor to register for your first free business advice session.
Do you want to supply goods or services to the government?
These two videos bring you essential strategies, tips, tools and ideas to succeed.
More support to grow your business
The NSW Government and other agencies provide a range of support to help you grow your business and get ready for exporting.
Funding and support
- Small Business Rebate gives money back to small business owners who adopt an eligible solution to workplace safety.
- Export Capability Building Program supports businesses seeking to initiate export activities or export-ready businesses looking to consolidate their knowledge and maximise long-term export gains.
- Austrade’s TradeStart network assists small and medium sized exporters to achieve long-term success in international markets. It offers exporters the combined resources of Austrade and each partner organisation, providing local assistance and a direct link to Austrade’s services and overseas network.
- Boosting Business Innovation Program (BBIP) aims to accelerate innovation in NSW by supporting greater collaboration between research organisations and their business communities.
- TechVouchers drives opportunities for research collaboration between NSW SMEs and BBIP delivery partners. The program promotes and demonstrates the opportunities available from collaborating with, or using the services of, BBIP delivery partners.
Jobs and skills
The Smart and Skilled program provides government-subsidised vocational education and training for eligible students. Eligible qualifications are set by the NSW Skills List to meet industry and skills needs. The Smart and Skilled program gives people the necessary skills for good job prospects, career paths and higher learning opportunities.
- Reskilling NSW initiative provides 200,000 Fee-Free Scholarships over four years for concession-eligible 15–30 year olds to undertake government-subsidised vocational education and training certificate courses.
- Jobs of Tomorrow provides $1,000 for students who enrol in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics related vocational qualifications. This will provide a further incentive for students to enter careers that meet NSW's growing skills needs and provide positive job outcomes.
- Supervising your Apprentice or Trainee are free workshops designed to equip workplaces supervisors with the necessary skills to train an apprentice or trainee, improving retention and completion rates of learners.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (190 visa) is a permanent visa for eligible, highly-skilled workers to meet skill needs in NSW.
- Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program has been developed to support farm business in all conditions, but particularly in relation to preparing for and responding to drought. Farmers can list of pre-approved courses, which will be updated as additional products become available. Farmers can also apply for consideration to attend other professional development activities that they have identified as meeting their particular requirements.
New business investment and jobs
The NSW Government’s Global NSW Concierge can help you establish, innovate and grow your business in Sydney and Regional NSW. Our dedicated team work with experts across all levels of government (local, state and federal) and business networks to provide customised information for businesses. This service is free and confidential.