Aboriginal Business Development
The NSW Government supports Aboriginal economic development across the State by helping Aboriginal businesses to plan for the successful growth and development of their commercial enterprises. This is achieved through a range of programs and initiatives delivered by a number of agencies. NSW Trade & Investment provides an Aboriginal Business Development Service that aims to enhance the sustainability and growth potential of Aboriginal enterprises.
The Aboriginal Business Development Service is available from two locations for regionally based businesses and aims to:
- Facilitate the growth and diversity of NSW Aboriginal businesses
- Identify opportunities for business productivity, improvements and growth through strategic partnerships
- Work collaboratively with other agencies to support sustainable NSW Aboriginal businesses.
Business Support and Tools
Small Biz Connect
Small Biz Connect is a highly subsidised, government funded program to help you plan for business success.
Businesses can access this flexible program to:
- Develop key skills through face-to-face training
- Access affordable, relevant workshops
- Develop a simple action plan
- Achieve economic sustainability or manageable growth
- Access mentors with real business experience
- Become more innovative and flexible so you can be more competitive and better deal with change
- Get real results
For practical, comprehensive and affordable support for your small business, contact: 1300 134 359.
For information go to www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au.
Small Business Tool Kit
The Small Business Tool Kit has been designed to provide a range of information and interactive tools to help people start, run and grow their business. Register for free to create a profile, build business planning documents and track your progress. The Small Business Tool Kit is at http://toolkit.smallbiz.nsw.gov.au/.
Business Promotional Tools
A number of business promotional tools have been developed by NSW Trade and Investment to help increase the exposure of Aboriginal enterprises. NSW Aboriginal business operators are encouraged to register their enterprise on these sites free of charge.
Aboriginal Business Directory
The Aboriginal Business Directory is a tool that can help promote the goods and services available from Aboriginal businesses. It is a one stop shop, for Government agencies and businesses to search for and obtain information on NSW Aboriginal enterprises. The online Aboriginal Business Directory is at www.aboriginalbiz.nsw.gov.au
Bushfood Sensations brings together a diverse range of Aboriginal Restaurants, Cafes, Chefs and Growers from across New South Wales. The site provides a range of information on up coming events and up-to-date news concerning the culinary region along with a selection of recipes. The site includes a Bush Tukka Directory where businesses in the sector can register their information at www.bushfoodsensations.net
Discover Our Art
Many NSW Aboriginal artists and creative Aboriginal designers work alone and find it difficult to access a platform which promotes the unique aspects of NSW Aboriginal art. Discover Our Art aims to provide a one stop shop where NSW Aboriginal artists can promote their works. The site allows for established and emerging NSW Aboriginal artists to display their work to potential customers and gain information on art grants, up and coming events and exhibitions, news concerning the sector and forums. Discover Our Art is at www.discoverourart.net.au
Business Development Managers
Business Development Manager
Telephone: 0401 999 495
Central Western NSW and Orana
Business Development Manager
Telephone: 0429 833 131
Talk to an expert
Office of Regional DevelopmentPhone: +61 (2) 9338 6719
or send an email to:Email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Upcoming eventsNewsletter RSS
- 01/03/2014Asian export opportunity for NSW Agrifood industry
- 24/03/2014Energy Efficiency and Renewables in Buildings Conference 2014
- 27/03/2014Collaborative Solutions - e-Health pitching & networking event
- 10/04/2014Australian Technologies Competition pre-entry workshop
- 06/05/2014Arabian Gateway Global Gathering Conference