- Small Business Commissioner
- NSW business environment
- International Engagement Strategy
- Innovate NSW
- Industry Action Plans
- Industry sectors
- Advisory Councils
- Cross-Border Commissioner
- NSW Government Response to the NSW Decentralisation Taskforce Report
- Assistance for business
- Aboriginal Business Directory
International Education and Research
StudyNSW, an initiative to promote NSW's strengths in international education and research, will be established following funding announced in the 2013-14 NSW Budget.
Establishment of StudyNSW was a key recommendation in the the International Education and Research Industry Action Plan, released in late 2012. The plan, developed by the sector-led International Education and Research Taskforce, outlined a vision and strategy for the NSW international education and research sector over the next decade.
StudyNSW will promote whole-of-state branding, co-ordinate whole-of-government policy, facilitate sector development and enhance the international student experience.
It will be established as a statutory agency with priorities actions including:
- International Student Charter: a best practice charter of service will be developed to better define the relationship between international students and their providers. It will be developed in co-operation with educational institutions and international students and articulate underlying principles on which to build.
- International Student Celebration: a celebration will be hosted in October 2013 to recognise the special contribution international students make to NSW. The Celebration will consist of an International Student Forum and the Premier's NSW International Student of the Year Awards.
- Work Integrated Learning Forum: StudyNSW will bring together institutions, students and industry to discuss opportunities around work integrated learning for international students, including internships.
The establishment of StudyNSW reflects the Government's collaborative approach to working with industry.
- NSW International Education and Research Industry Action Plan [PDF File - 1002.0 KB]
- International Education and Research Industry Taskforce Terms of Reference and Scope [PDF File - 27.8 KB]
- International Education and Research Industry Taskforce Membership [PDF File - 27.9 KB]
- The NSW Economy in 2020, A Forecasting Study [PDF File - 1.6 MB]
- Media release: NSW announces International Education and Research taskforce [PDF File - 87.6 KB]