Innovation in small business
People in small business often have bright ideas about new or improved products, services or processes. Generating ideas and being innovative are important to business success.
Research has shown that innovation, when properly managed, produces a higher rate of return than other forms of investment. The New South Wales Government is committed to advancing innovation and provides assistance to interested businesses.
Why evaluate or assess an invention?
Only a very small percentage of inventions go forward to make money in the marketplace. It may appear that the invention:
- will not work in the real world
- has no market
- lacks a viable plan for development and commercialisation
- cannot be produced at a competitive price
- lacks people with inadequate knowledge of the market and competitors.
But these factors can be tackled. Start with thoughtful planning and get some advice.
If you have a new idea, or a new product that you think is marketable use Ideas Online to assess the commercial viability of your idea.
Talk to an expert
or send an email to:Email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Related assistance and support
Upcoming eventsNewsletter RSS
- 01/03/2014Asian export opportunity for NSW Agrifood industry
- 24/03/2014Energy Efficiency and Renewables in Buildings Conference 2014
- 27/03/2014Collaborative Solutions - e-Health pitching & networking event
- 10/04/2014Australian Technologies Competition pre-entry workshop
- 06/05/2014Arabian Gateway Global Gathering Conference