Skilled nominated migration
NSW reopens for Business
Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa
New South Wales welcomes eligible individuals to apply for nomination under the Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa. This visa requires nomination by a State or Territory Government to the Commonwealth's Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
Under the 190 visa, the NSW Government will nominate highly skilled applicants with the skills and experience required in occupations of benefit to the State. These occupations are listed on NSW's State Migration Plan.
Eligibility requirements for NSW 190 nomination
The NSW Government nominates a limited number of skilled migrants annually focussing on applicants who have the skills and qualifications in occupations that best fit the NSW labour market.
Basic requirements include that the applicant must:
- be younger than 50 years of age when invited to apply
- nominate an occupation that matches their skills and qualifications and is on NSW's State Migration Plan
- have their skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for their nominated occupation
- have at least competent English (IELTS 6 in each category)
- score at least 60 on the points test (including 5 points for State nomination)
- meet the health and character requirements.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all of their claims with evidence.
For more information on DIAC requirements, refer to: Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa.
How to apply for NSW nomination
To lodge an application for NSW nomination applicants will need to:
- ensure that you meet all DIAC requirements for this visa
- have lodged an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect, DIAC's online system
- lodge a complete NSW Skilled –Nominated (subclass 190) application form
- provide all required supporting documents to evidence your claims
- enclose payment - bank cheque/money order for $300 (offshore) or $330 incl. GST (onshore) made payable to NSW Trade and Investment.
Applications will not be accepted by hand
Applications should be posted to:
Migration Services 190 Team
NSW Trade and Investment
Level 47, MLC Centre
19 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 5477
Sydney NSW 2001
How we process applications
NSW processes applications received in date order. Your application will be assigned to an assessing officer based on the date that it was received. We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible. If you lodge a complete application, you should expect your application to be decided quickly.
Incomplete applications will be delayed. For information on how to lodge a complete application, please refer to the checklist on the NSW Skilled –Nominated (subclass 190) application form.
As the occupations nominated by NSW are required in Sydney and regional NSW, nominated applicants may have enhanced employment prospects. However, nomination does not guarantee employment.
Applicants for NSW nomination for Skilled nominated (subclass 190 visa) are encouraged to read the attached Frequently Asked Questions.
Commitment to NSW
If you are nominated by the NSW Government under the Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa you are expected to commit to live and work or study in NSW for the first two years of your time in Australia.
Notification of arrival in NSW
If you are applying from offshore, you should advise NSW of your contact details on arrival and advise your success in finding suitable employment. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
NSW provides information on options to settle in regional NSW which offers similar employment opportunities to the major cities, plus comparable benefits and services in a more relaxed environment.
The NSW Government may contact you in the future via email to undertake a survey in relation to the skilled migration program.
Talk to an expert
Business MigrationPhone: +61 (2) 9338 6692
or send an email to:Email:bizmigration.enquiries@bu firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to read the eligibility criteria for the visa for which you intend to apply before contacting us. Comprehensive information is available from:
Enquiries about NSW nomination can be directed to:
phone: +61 (2) 9338 6692